Fayetteville Public Library I-Card
Fayetteville Public Schools is excited to once again partner with the Fayetteville Public Library (FPL) to provide your child with the FPL i-Card, an “Internet Only” library card. Students can access the library’s online resources via the FPL website www. faylib.org. The FPL i-Card gives students access to ALL library eResources.
Free FPL eResources include:
- Online tutoring
- Homework help
- Language instruction
- Access to research databases
- Access to free downloadable eBooks, audiobooks and music*
The FPL i-Card has been distributed to all FPS students, unless a parent or guardian has opted out, and will be valid through the fall of the next school year. The FPL i-Card is not a borrowing card for items at the Fayetteville Public Library. A parent or guardian must accompany a child to the library to apply for a traditional library card to check out books, DVDs, and music from the library.
*Please note: All downloadable material, available to any library patron, is available to all students – please monitor your child if you have concerns regarding content.
The FPS Board Policy #5.29, the Student Digital Resources Use Policy, will be in effect when students utilize the FPL resources on campus.
In the case of a lost iCard, the student, parent or guardian may retrieve the student’s iCard information via the Fayetteville Public Library website’s iCard Portal.
FPL I-Cards and Research Databases
- Go to www.faylib.org website for the Fayetteville Public Library.
- Under My FPL, click on I-Card.
- If you do not know your I-Card number, click on “The I-Card –Students Start Here” link. Fill out your information and then click on “Get Card Number.” Write down your number. The password is 2018 for everyone.
- If you know your I-Card Number, click on “Use Your I-Card.”
- In the RESEARCH & LEARN page, you can scroll across the top to view all the research and educational databases along with audio and eBook databases.
Please explore all the excellent resources from the Fayetteville Public Library.