Welcome to the Professional Development Page!
The Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment and Accountability Department will promote and sustain student achievement by encouraging our teachers to be active participants in our learning community. Promoting a culture of continuous improvement in professional teaching and learning is essential at FPS in ensuring outstanding teaching in every classroom for all students.
We will implement a challenging professional development system that insures:
• Priority of resources based on analysis of student data
• Teacher effectiveness in curriculum delivery
• Collaborative relationships
• Time for intensive learning
• Leadership opportunities at all levels
• Ongoing and meaningful learning opportunities
In accordance with Arkansas Department of Education regulations, sixty hours of curriculum alignment, best practices in instructional strategies and data analysis are offered over the course of ten in-service days. In addition to designated in-service days, FPS teachers participate in local, regional, state, and national learning opportunities designed to promote student achievement.
Director of Professional Development